Saturday, June 30, 2012

Quotes with Crayons

So I tried out another turn on the crayon art.   I did a piece with a quote and picture.  I liked it because it looks like the girl is dancing in colored rain, but when I showed my sister she told me that it looked like the girl was make from the crayons and I kinda liked that idea better :)

items needed:

  • canvas
  • crayons
  • hair dryer
  • printed picture
  • quote
  • Popsicle stick
  • sharpie
steps:
  1. glue your crayons onto the canvas, then glue your picture onto the canvas
  2. write your quote onto the canvas.  I had started out using a silver sharpie but after I melted the crayons it was really light so I went over it with a black marker.
  3. I taped a popsicle stick over the picture diagonally so it wouldn't completely cover the picture
  4. melt your crayons straight down.  again make sure you tilt the canvas to prevent it from splattering everywhere.  :D
 The canvas with the silver writing... "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to Dance in the rain..."
The before picture....

Let me know if you try this out. :) 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment